Bringing children and adults to music step by step…
- Small group classes based on age and experience.
- Private lessons by appointment.
- Warm supportive atmosphere.
- Blending technology and tradition.
- Experienced, professional, friendly instructors.
Why Study Here?
- University and conservatory trained teachers with countless years in both teaching and performing
- 5 Star rating on YELP; A+ with BBB
- Private lessons in clarinet, flute, guitar, electric bass, ukulele, harp, percussion, piano, saxophone, song writing, theory, trumpet, voice, violin, & viola. Various styles available
- Instruction available for all ages 3 years to senior citizens
- Group Lessons (piano based)
- Music & Me 3-4
- Harmony Road Music 4 ½ to 6
- Audition Preparation – Voice, Strings, Woodwinds
- Low pressure family recitals offered twice a year with additional opportunities to perform.
- Newly remodeled beautiful facility with great pianos, soundproof rooms, and practice pianos available
- Certificate of Merit available
- Bay area concert information discussed & distributed
- We care, we get results. Students thrive!
Music is a science.
It is exact, specific; and it demands exact acoustics. A conductor’s full score is a chart, a graph that indicates frequencies, intensities, volume changes, melody and harmonies all at once and with the most exact control of time.
Music is mathematical.
It is rhythmically based on the subdivisions of time into fractions that must be done instantaneously, not worked out on paper.
Music is another language.
Most of the terms are in Italian, German, or French; and the notation is certainly not English, but a highly developed kind of shorthand that uses symbols to represent ideas. The semantics of music is the most complete and universal language.
Music is history.
Music usually reflects the environment and times of its creation, often even the country and its culture.
Music is physical education.
It requires fantastic coordination of fingers, hands, arms, lip, cheek, and facial muscles; in addition to extraordinary control of the diaphragm, back, stomach and chest muscles, which respond instantly to the sound the ear hears and the mind interprets.
Music is all these things, but most of all, music is art.
It allows a human being to take all these dry, technically boring (but difficult) techniques and use them to create emotion. That is one thing that science cannot duplicate; humanism; feeling; emotion; call it what you will.